Welcome

Polite Society School of Étiquette offers Beginning, Advanced, Business, and Tea Étiquette Courses. Étiquette tutelage is presented at speaking engagements, webinars, school seminars, private dinners, and specialty tea events. The School's mission is to educate adults and children in customary codes of conduct with an emphasis on everyday social graces.

Monday, January 1, 2018

TEA PLEASURES...Dear Friends




Whether you are a teaatime novice or have a long-standing trdition of hosting teas, I think you will find the following information very useful.  An invitation to tea presents an opportunity for guests to enjoy companionable conversation while following the age-old practice of sipping a beverage steeped from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant.  

I enjoy having one or two friends drop by midmorning for just-baked scones and a bracing cup of English Breakfast or Earl Grey.  For a larger group and a more formal prsentation, I bring out my mismatched English bone china cups and saucers, which I have been collecting for many years, my favorite teapots along with antique table linens.

Most tearooms serve a scone, three savories, and about three sweets for afternoon tea.  I like serving fruit also.  

Remember:  enjoying tea seems to require that we slow down and treasure the moments spent scooping up the leaves, timing the brewing, and sipping the warmth of the beverage.  My book, The Art and Proper Etiquette of Afternoon Tea, will take you through many guidelines to hosting a formal tea along with hosting a simple tea for two.

I hope you enjoy my future blogs that will take you through tea pleasures!  

I appreciate any feedback!...




Ms. Bernadette M. Petrotta
Founder & Director
Polite Society School of Etiquette

                       Author of:                  
The Art of the Social Graces
The Art and Proper Etiquette of Afternoon Tea
EMMA The Etiquette Cat: Meet Emma

Website:  PoliteSocietySchool.com
Email:  PoliteSocietySchool@Whidbey.com
Blog:  PoliteSocietySchool.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment