Welcome

Polite Society School of Étiquette offers Beginning, Advanced, Business, and Tea Étiquette Courses. Étiquette tutelage is presented at speaking engagements, webinars, school seminars, private dinners, and specialty tea events. The School's mission is to educate adults and children in customary codes of conduct with an emphasis on everyday social graces.

Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thank-You Notes...

THANK-YOU NOTES

The ultimate purpose of Writing Thank-you Notes is to offer a great deal of insight into when you should send a thank-you note.

A thank-you note is a written message to show appreciation for something someone has given you or done for you.  There are an endless number of daily situations in which a thank-you note would be unexpected, but deeply appreciated.  Let your conscience be your guide.

Someone has done something nice for you, whether it was giving a thoughtful gift, preparing a nice dinner, or lending a hand when you moved, and you would like to say "Thank You."  Thank you for thinking of me, thank you for your help, thank you for being my friend, thank you for your extravagance, thank you for making my favorite dish, thank you for entertaining me - well, you get the idea!

Writing a thank-you note makes a connection and brings a relationship full circle.  It may seem like a simple thing, and it is, but it is often the simple things that make life worthwhile.



NEW ONLINE TEA ETIQUETTE TRAINING AVAILABLE!

Ms. Bernadette M. Petrotta
Founder & Director
Polite Society School of Etiquette

             Authored Books:                
The Art of the Social Graces
The Art and Proper Etiquette of Afternoon Tea
EMMA The Etiquette Cat: Meet Emma

Website:  PoliteSocietySchool.com
Email:  PoliteSocietySchool@Whidbey.com
Blog:  PoliteSocietySchool.blogspot.com



4 comments:

  1. When my girls were growing up, I would always have them write thank you notes. At first, I would write it for them, and they would scribble their names or draw a picture to send. As they got older I would write on handwriting paper for them to copy until they were finally able to write them on their own. Now it is their habit to write a note of thanks when appropriate. Thank YOU, Bernadette for the reminder of the importance of showing gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kirsten, I did the same thing with my son. I actually purchased for him his own stationery. Thank you for the comment...

      Delete
  2. Sending notes of thanks is so important to a relationship and is especially gratifying when sent to older family members who grew up with, and still appreciate "snail mail"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! You are so correct about older family members. My Aunt Margaret was so gracious and always sent birthday and thank-you notes. She was my true "etiquette" aunt - I was so young and I still remember her kitchen. The table was always set to perfection.

      Delete